Man accused of posing as cop in road rage incident
Bay Area man impersonates a police officer, is arrested
By Will Jason
Marin Independent Journal
MARIN, Calif. — A Novato man was arrested Saturday on suspicion of weapons violations, impersonating a police officer and other crimes after a road rage incident in which he repeatedly cut off a female driver in the Bel Marin Keys area and approached her on foot, threatening her with arrest, authorities said.
Martin Allen Clem, 52, was booked at Marin County Jail after California Highway Patrol officers found two loaded handguns, a Taser stun gun, a machete and marijuana in his Chevrolet truck, the CHP said in a statement. He was not a law enforcement officer, the CHP said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court