P1 Photo of the Week: On top of 'A' mountain
This week's photo comes from P1 Member Officer Steve Tucker of the Tempe (Ariz.) Police Department, who writes, "Our town is the home to Arizona State University. A famous landmark in our town is 'A' mountain, or Hayden Butte, which is its proper name. It's named 'A' mountain because there is a large cement 'A' on the side of the mountain (for ASU) that can be seen for miles. The mountain is located directly behind our main police headquarters building. There is a road that goes up to the top of the mountain that can only be accessed by Police or other government agencies. I got a call at the top of the mountain of some transients smoking dope, so I was able to drive up the road. No dope smoking transients were found, but I was able to snap this photo while I was up there. I like this photo because it shows the 'Tempe Town Lake' and the 'Hayden Flour Mill,' which our famous downtown 'Mill Ave.' is named after."
Calling all police photographers! PoliceOne needs pictures of you in action or training. Submit a photo — it could be selected as our Photo of the Week! Be sure to include your name, department information and address (including city, state and ZIP code) where we can reach you - Photo of the Week winners now have a chance to win a PoliceOne.com T-shirt!
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend