Mass. Troopers help deliver baby
The little girl was in no mood to wait for the medics, so Scott Walker did the honors
By James Hinton
The Boston Herald
BOSTON — State troopers moonlighting as midwives helped deliver a baby girl off I-93 in Quincy in the pre-dawn hours yesterday.
A Plainville man racing down I-95 to Brigham and Women's Hospital with his pregnant wife called 911 at 2:30 a.m. and told state police that the number of females in the car looked like it was going to double too quickly to make it.
Trooper Scott Walker of the Milton Barracks spotted the vehicle on Interstate 93 and told the desk sergeant to have the expectant couple exit at Furnace Brook Parkway in Quincy . . . and to get Fallon Ambulance there ASAP.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Mass. Troopers help deliver baby
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman