Video: Dashcam captures 'highly intoxicated' Olympian's arrest
Paul Hamm was accused of assaulting a cabdriver and refusing to pay him
The Columbus Dispatch
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Ohio State has fired Paul Hamm, an Olympic gold medalist and the university's assistant men's gymnastics coach, after he was arrested over the weekend, accused of assaulting a cabdriver and refusing to pay him.
"We have high standards for our coaching staff, and unfortunately, Mr. Hamm failed to meet those standards," OSU athletic director Gene Smith said in a news release.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house