Video: Dashcam captures 'highly intoxicated' Olympian's arrest
Paul Hamm was accused of assaulting a cabdriver and refusing to pay him
The Columbus Dispatch
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Ohio State has fired Paul Hamm, an Olympic gold medalist and the university's assistant men's gymnastics coach, after he was arrested over the weekend, accused of assaulting a cabdriver and refusing to pay him.
"We have high standards for our coaching staff, and unfortunately, Mr. Hamm failed to meet those standards," OSU athletic director Gene Smith said in a news release.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests