Chief: Discrepancy on officers' drinking a misunderstanding
Police investigating compliance of liquor laws are allowed to purchase and consume alcohol as part of their job
By Daniel Chacon
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — A surveillance video that led to the dismissal of an alleged liquor code violation against Hooters also reveals that Colorado Springs police detectives were drinking alcohol despite assurances to a judge that they weren't.
Police Chief Richard Myers blamed the discrepancy on a misunderstanding.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms