Police chiefs worried consumer tastes trending toward 'tacti-cool' weapons
Young people want something they see in video games, says leading firearms retailer
By Jeff Davis
VANCOUVER — The consumer tastes of Canadian gun owners are fast changing, as shooters eschew vintage hunting rifles in favor of the latest "tacti-cool" military style weapons — many of which appear in movies and popular video games, such as Call of Duty.
As a new generation of young men become interested in shooting, but not hunting, retailers are trying to meet the growing demand for sleek firearms.
Canadian authorities, meanwhile, facing the repeal of the long-gun registry by the federal government, are worried about the trend.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house