Texting 911 may be coming to Utah system
New system would include ability to text or send pictures, videos to dispatchers; current 911 system based on landline telephone networks
By Pat Reavy
Deseret Morning News
SALT LAKE CITY — The ability to text or send pictures and videos to 911 emergency dispatchers may be coming soon.
The executive director of the Valley Emergency Communications Center told a legislative interim committee Wednesday that the next generation of 911 is coming.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Texting 911 may be coming to Utah system
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests