Texting 911 may be coming to Utah system
New system would include ability to text or send pictures, videos to dispatchers; current 911 system based on landline telephone networks
By Pat Reavy
Deseret Morning News
SALT LAKE CITY — The ability to text or send pictures and videos to 911 emergency dispatchers may be coming soon.
The executive director of the Valley Emergency Communications Center told a legislative interim committee Wednesday that the next generation of 911 is coming.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Texting 911 may be coming to Utah system
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house