Video: Controversial Calif. arrest video released
Santa Barbara PD released dashcam footage from rough Oct. DUI arrest
Santa Barbara Independent
SANTA BARBARA, Calif. - The Santa Barbara Police Department has released dash-cam video from Officer Aaron Tudor’s patrol vehicle on October 21, the night he arrested DUI suspect Tony Denunzio in the parking lot of Loreto Plaza.
The highly anticipated video illuminates some of the arrest, though questions remain about the amount of force Tudor used to make the arrest versus Denunzio’s alleged resistance during the encounter.
The District Attorney’s Office declined to press resisting-arrest charges against Denunzio, and DA Joyce Dudley said she will not pursue any charges against Tudor.
Denunzio, however, will be charged with DUI, driving with a blood-alcohol level of .08 percent or above, and driving without a license. A blood sample taken from Denunzio after the incident showed a BAC (blood alcohol content) reading of .09 percent. His next court appearance is next week.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help