Md. man caught stealing during 'Shop with a Cop'
A 22-year-old man tried to steal video game merchandise as 50 cops roamed a Wal-Mart
By PoliceOne Staff
WALDORF, Md. — A man reportedly tried to steal from Wal-Mart on the same day 50 uniformed officers roamed the store for “Shop with a Cop,” the national event in which officers help needy children shop for holiday gifts.
Timothy Randall Clark, 22, was found carrying video game merchandise worth $635, CBS News reported. According to the police report, Waldorf cops were shopping with kids when loss prevention officers saw a man opening boxes and taking items from one of the store’s back rooms.
Officers from the Charles County Sheriff's Office who were inside the store were alerted and apprehended Clark, who was charged with theft.
- Bizarre Beat
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house