Md. man caught stealing during 'Shop with a Cop'
A 22-year-old man tried to steal video game merchandise as 50 cops roamed a Wal-Mart
By PoliceOne Staff
WALDORF, Md. — A man reportedly tried to steal from Wal-Mart on the same day 50 uniformed officers roamed the store for “Shop with a Cop,” the national event in which officers help needy children shop for holiday gifts.
Timothy Randall Clark, 22, was found carrying video game merchandise worth $635, CBS News reported. According to the police report, Waldorf cops were shopping with kids when loss prevention officers saw a man opening boxes and taking items from one of the store’s back rooms.
Officers from the Charles County Sheriff's Office who were inside the store were alerted and apprehended Clark, who was charged with theft.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms