Video: Fla. shooting victim records attack
Sheriff's deputies say a woman fired three gunshots at her son-in-law
By Suzette Laboy
MIAMI — Authorities in South Florida say a man used his cell phone to record a video that captures him screaming after he was allegedly shot by his mother-in-law.
Salvatore Miglino (mee-LEE-noh) was recording with his phone during an argument outside her home on Wednesday to pick up his son.
Sheriff's deputies say she fired three gunshots at her son-in-law, striking him in his rib cage and shoulder. He was treated at a hospital and released.
The mother-in-law, 66-year-old Cheryl Hepner, was arrested Thursday. Her attorney says she was protecting her grandson and daughter, though they were not home at the time.
She claimed that the gun belonged to Miglino and she grabbed it away from him and fired after he pulled it out.
Hepner is charged with attempted first-degree murder.
Copyright 2011 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help