Wash. ranger shot at national park
MOUNT RAINIER NATIONAL PARK, Wash. — A sheriff's office in Washington state says a U.S. Forest Service ranger has been shot at Mount Rainier National Park.
Officials closed the park after the shooting Sunday, and asked people to stay out of the area while they search for a man carrying a long rifle.
The News Tribune reports the shooting happened just before 11 a.m. near the Longmire Ranger Station.
Pierce County Sheriff's Department spokesman Ed Troyer says the Washington State Patrol and the sheriff's office are working together on this investigation.
Other details were not immediately available.
Copyright 2012 Associated Presss
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy