Cops rip Obama uncle's defense
Cops: Bust of President Obama's half-uncle on a drunken-driving charge is the issue, not the officer's history behind the wheel
By John Zaremba
The Boston Herald
BOSTON — Defense attorneys digging for something to latch onto in a Framingham cop's driving past are being bashed by the police brotherhood who argue the bust of President Obama's half-uncle on a drunken-driving charge is the issue, not the officer's history behind the wheel.
The Framingham cop who arrested Onyango Obama has about a dozen on-duty accidents — mostly minor — to his name, according to records requested by defense attorneys and obtained by the Herald yesterday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Cops rip Obama uncle's defense
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Lawmaker says anti-cop Capitol painting is coming down
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Federal prosecutors won't charge SC deputy in viral video incident
- Can Baltimore's police reform deal survive Trump's DOJ?
- Fla. airport shooting highlights nexus between mentally ill, cops