Cops rip Obama uncle's defense
Cops: Bust of President Obama's half-uncle on a drunken-driving charge is the issue, not the officer's history behind the wheel
By John Zaremba
The Boston Herald
BOSTON — Defense attorneys digging for something to latch onto in a Framingham cop's driving past are being bashed by the police brotherhood who argue the bust of President Obama's half-uncle on a drunken-driving charge is the issue, not the officer's history behind the wheel.
The Framingham cop who arrested Onyango Obama has about a dozen on-duty accidents — mostly minor — to his name, according to records requested by defense attorneys and obtained by the Herald yesterday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Cops rip Obama uncle's defense
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house