Mayor pulled over, then pulls trooper over
Mayor said he was acting in his capacity as the town's chief constable
The Post and Courier
NORWAY, S.C. — The State Law Enforcement Division is investigating the mayor of Norway's claim that he was legally empowered to pull over a state trooper after the trooper had pulled him over for speeding.
The Times and Democrat of Orangeburg reports that Norway Mayor Jim Preacher was stopped for speeding on Wednesday. After the traffic stop, Preacher turned on the blue lights and siren in his vehicle and pulled the trooper over.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Mayor pulled over, then pulls trooper over
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house