Mayor pulled over, then pulls trooper over
Mayor said he was acting in his capacity as the town's chief constable
The Post and Courier
NORWAY, S.C. — The State Law Enforcement Division is investigating the mayor of Norway's claim that he was legally empowered to pull over a state trooper after the trooper had pulled him over for speeding.
The Times and Democrat of Orangeburg reports that Norway Mayor Jim Preacher was stopped for speeding on Wednesday. After the traffic stop, Preacher turned on the blue lights and siren in his vehicle and pulled the trooper over.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Mayor pulled over, then pulls trooper over
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help