Video: Mich. state rep refuses breathalyzer test
State Rep. Bob Genetski's attorney says he passed field sobriety tests
EAST LANSING, Mich. — Michigan State University police have released the full dashcam video that shows State Rep. Bob Genetski being pulled over and arrested for drunk driving.
After taking field sobriety tests — which his attorney said he passed — and refusing to take a breathalyzer test at the scene, Genetski was arrested.
The conversation preceding the arrest can be heard on the video:
Officer: "So you're telling me you're going to refuse this, then?"
Genetski: "Yeah. I'm not taking your test."
Officer: "OK, that's fine. Face that way for me. Hands behind your back. You're under arrest for operating while intoxicated."
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house