Police radio may have broadcast sex in squad car to entire station
Officer Dion Anthony allegedly had sex in his squad car while on duty
MEMPHIS — Fox 13 has learned there's a copy of the radio broadcast that captured an on-duty cop allegedly having sex in his squad car. Sergeant Karen Rudolph says every Memphis Police Officer is given two modes of radio communication: a shoulder microphone that stays with them and a console mic that stays in their squad car.
There's no word yet on which microphone our sources say broadcast Officer Dion Anthony having sex in his squad car while on duty. But there is a recording because Sgt. Rudolph says every radio communication is recorded. The controversial broadcast of him having sex in his squad car went out between 8:45 and 9pm Monday night. Our sources say it was on an open channel that could be heard by not only the 30 to 35 officers working that precinct. But by anybody with a police scanner.
"Anytime you communicate via a handheld or console microphone you want to remain professional. Our job is to make sure all officers follow procedures. In this instance it's possible he didn't follow proper procedure," Rudolph said.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman