Minn. cop's Facebook post about upside-down flag scrutinized
A 15-year veteran of the Minneapolis Police Department is under internal investigation
By David Hanners
St. Paul Pioneer Press
MINNEAPOLIS — A 15-year veteran of the Minneapolis Police Department is under investigation after he allegedly posted on his Facebook page that while on duty, he saw an upside-down American flag near a "Somali hangout spot" and demanded the owner hang the flag right-side up.
"If I find it upside down the next time I work, the (expletive) will hit the fan and there will be trouble," the officer, Steve Loeding, warned Sunday night on his page.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house