Tenn. deputy draws heat over mowing lawn in his shorts
Dispute began in August 2011 with a neighbor's complaint
By Randall Higgins
Chattanooga Times Free Press
CLEVELAND, Tenn. — Was Bradley County Deputy Dallas Longwith mowing his lawn in his underwear?
The former court officer says no. But the Bradley County Sheriff's Office dismissed Longwith late last year for "conduct unbecoming an officer," Major Jim Hodgson said Thursday. The dismissal came after a second complaint was received about him mowing the yard in his underwear and after Longwith had been warned the first time, Hodgson said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform