Phila. man faces murder charge after deadly chase
Police said Gregory Alston, 39, of the 4500 block of Fernhill Street is a felon with a history of 21 arrests, including for attempted murder, escape, and weapons charges
By Mike Newall and Robert Moran
The Philadelphia Inquirer
PHILADELPHIA — Investigators filed a murder charge Saturday against a man who they said led police on a wild and deadly car chase through the city Friday that left one bystander dead and two others, including a 4-year-old boy, critically injured.
The chaos began about 10 p.m. Friday, when two 25th Police District officers stopped a silver 2001 Volkswagen Passat in the 4200 block of North Broad Street near Hunting Park Avenue for a traffic violation.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman