Felon who survived 10 shootings killed by Ill. homeowner
Armed man was allegedly trying to force his way into a home when the homeowner shot him
By Kim Janssen
To hear his family tell it, Darryl Turner had more lives than a cat - surviving as many as 10 shootings in his 29 years.
Monday morning, the convicted felon's luck finally ran out.
Turner was armed with a gun and allegedly trying to force his way into an Englewood home when the homeowner shot him, witnesses say.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds