Felon who survived 10 shootings killed by Ill. homeowner
Armed man was allegedly trying to force his way into a home when the homeowner shot him
By Kim Janssen
To hear his family tell it, Darryl Turner had more lives than a cat - surviving as many as 10 shootings in his 29 years.
Monday morning, the convicted felon's luck finally ran out.
Turner was armed with a gun and allegedly trying to force his way into an Englewood home when the homeowner shot him, witnesses say.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform