Va. teacher charged with firing blanks at students
Washington County teacher is accused of lining up 12 students near a garage door and firing multiple times
By PoliceOne Staff
ABINGDON, Va. — A Washington County teacher faces criminal charges for accusations of firing blanks at students in a welding class.
Manuael Ernest Dillow, 60, is charged with 12 felony counts of brandishing a weapon, police said.
Dillow is accused of lining up 12 students near a garage door and firing multiple times in their direction, The San Francisco Chronicle reported.
No injuries were reported. His motive is unclear.
Dillow is currently not working following the April 4 incident, Washington County Schools Superintendent Jim Sullivan said. He did not comment further.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman