2 charged with impersonating Texas officers
Arrest affidavits indicate a Wichita Falls police officer's Glock pistol and TASER X26 disappeared when he went on vacation
Times Record News
WICHITA FALLS, Texas — Two men have been charged with impersonating police officers in an incident that began June 13.
Arrest affidavits indicate a Wichita Falls police officer went on vacation and left his house in the care of a daughter. The daughter threw a party at the house, and the officer's Glock 35 pistol and his Taser x26 stun weapon disappeared from a bedroom.
Meanwhile, detectives learned of some men decked out like police officers acting suspiciously at Fou ntaingate Apartments on Tower Drive. One witness said he had seen three men wearing blue T-shirts with badges emblazoned on them. One of the men pulled the Taser and fired it, the witness said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: 2 charged with impersonating Texas officers
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds