Woman holding 'speed trap' sign arrested
Woman said she wrote "speed trap" on a grocery bag and held it at the roadside on West Dallas June 21 after she spotted an officer pulling motorists over
HOUSTON — A Houston woman said she was wrongfully arrested by police for holding up a "speed trap" sign near where an officer was pulling over motorists.
Natalie Plummer said she wrote "speed trap" on a grocery bag and held it at the roadside on West Dallas June 21 after she spotted an officer pulling motorists over while she was riding home on her bicycle, KTRK-TV, Houston, reported Thursday.
"I felt like he was just pulling random cars over," Plummer said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Woman holding 'speed trap' sign arrested
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. sheriff told to disarm before entering arena for charity event
- More than 200 police chiefs criticize Trump’s 'law and order' executive actions
- Video: Nashville cop fatally shoots armed man, NAACP wants probe
- Video: NY trooper arrests suspect after being dragged by vehicle
- Booby trap impales officer investigating marijuana grow operation