Minimum wage cops: 'Could distract us into oblivion'
Mayor of financially distressed Scranton decided to deal with budget woes by paring the paychecks of all 400 city workers
By Alfred Lubrano
The Philadelphia Inquirer
SCRANTON, Pa. — Firefighters here have been running into burning buildings for $7.25 an hour.
"That can inhibit how you perform," said firefighter Bob Zoltewicz, 32, the married father of two, ages 2 and 5 months. "You have to try to keep that salary out of your mental state."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman