Colo. shooting suspect gets public defender
DENVER — The suspect in Friday's mass shooting at a suburban Denver movie theater has been appointed a defense attorney.
Arapahoe County Sheriff Grayson Robinson says 24-year-old James Holmes was booked into the county's detention facility on Friday afternoon.
His lawyer is James O'Connor, head of the public defender's office that covers the sprawling 18th Judicial District from suburban Denver to the eastern Colorado plains. He did not immediately return a call seeking comment.
Robinson says his office is not releasing a photo of Holmes at the request of the Aurora Police Department because the case is still under investigation.
Holmes was being held without bond Saturday on suspicion of first-degree murder. He'll have an advisement hearing on Monday. Then prosecutors have 72 hours to file charges.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house