NY police save baby deer from 20-foot-deep manhole
Officers spent several hours lifting up the fawn, then released it into the woods
The Salt Lake Tribune
MOUNT SINAI, N.Y. — Police on New York's Long Island spent over four hours rescuing a baby deer that fell into a 20-foot-deep manhole.
The cute, speckled creature scampered into the woods after it was released Thursday by its beaming, burly rescuers.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic