NY police save baby deer from 20-foot-deep manhole
Officers spent several hours lifting up the fawn, then released it into the woods
The Salt Lake Tribune
MOUNT SINAI, N.Y. — Police on New York's Long Island spent over four hours rescuing a baby deer that fell into a 20-foot-deep manhole.
The cute, speckled creature scampered into the woods after it was released Thursday by its beaming, burly rescuers.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police