Mont. man admits to beating lie after police get video
A man has pleaded guilty to falsely reporting to police that he was beaten for being gay
MISSOULA, Mont. — A man has pleaded guilty to falsely reporting to police that he was beaten for being gay in downtown Missoula, Mont., officials said.
Joseph Baken, 22, alleged he was beaten outside the Missoula Club Sunday morning in what appeared to be an act of gay-bashing. However, he pleaded guilty to falsifying a police report Tuesday morning.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds