NYC official: Let Sikh cops wear turbans
The NYPD defended its current policy as making such religious allowances — to a degree
The New York Post
NEW YORK — Comptroller John Liu yesterday urged the NYPD to allow Sikh officers to wear their religious turbans and beards while on duty.
In a letter to Mayor Bloomberg, Liu noted that the Washington, DC police department recently relaxed its dress code to allow Sikhs to wear beards and religious garb.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NYC official: Let Sikh cops wear turbans
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests