Police: Woman kills husband, mistaken for intruder
No charges have been filed in the shooting
NEW ORLEANS — Authorities say a New Orleans woman shot and killed her husband after mistaking him for an intruder.
Police say the 53-year-old woman shot the 57-year-old man Monday, shortly after 11 a.m. at their home in the city's Lower 9th Ward.
Neither the name of the victim or his wife was released, pending notification of other family members.
No charges have been filed.
Police say the case will be turned over to the Orleans Parish District Attorney's Office for review.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house