NY cops fuming after 'lazy' DA drops case
Officers' apparently solid arrest of two career criminals is futile as duo returns to street
Larry Celona and Dan Mangan
The New York Post
NEW YORK — Bronx prosecutors last week dropped charges against two career crooks who'd just been caught on video allegedly boosting a Columbia University grad student's purse — leaving NYPD cops infuriated, The Post has learned.
The officers are fuming that an apparently solid arrest ended with the pair of 51-year-old sticky-fingered Bronx women — who already have more than 44 shoplifting busts between them — back on the street "to prey on other victims," a police source said.
Sources said the cops believe that the prosecutors were being "lazy" or overly concerned about wanting "to have the perfect case."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NY cops fuming after 'lazy' DA drops case
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds