FOP raises money for cop videotaped hitting paradegoer
About 75 protesters gathered outside FOP headquarters to call for charges against the officer
By Stephanie Farr
The Philadelphia Daily News
PHILADELPHIA — Police and protesters came armed with video cameras Sunday to a fundraiser at the Philadelphia Fraternal Order of Police Lodge No. 5 for an officer who was fired after being caught on camera punching a woman last month.
About 75 protesters gathered outside FOP headquarters on Spring Garden Street near Broad to call for charges against Highway Patrol Lt. Jonathan Josey and to heckle those going into the $30-a-person benefit held in his honor — especially the women who attended.
"Be careful, you might get punched in there," "Shame on you," and "Women should stand together," were among the phrases protesters yelled at guests.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms