Mo. deputy helping EMS crew killed in ambush
Deputy Sheriff Christopher Parsons was shot and killed in an ambush after responding to a 911 call in Mineral Point
Duty Death: Christopher Parsons - [Mineral Point, Missouri]
By PoliceOne Staff
MINERAL POINT, Mo. — At approximately 1410 hours on Saturday afternoon, Deputy Sheriff Christopher Parsons was shot and killed in an ambush after responding to a 911 call in Mineral Point, 80 miles southeast of St. Louis.
An ambulance had also responded to the location as a result of the 911 call regarding an unconscious person. As that person was loaded into the ambulance a single shot was fired, striking Deputy Parsons. The subject fled into nearby woods and remained at large at the time of this news posting to ODMP and local reports.
Deputy Parsons had served with the Washington County Sheriff's Office for only two months after graduating from Mineral Area College law enforcement academy, according Missouri Highway Patrol Trooper Juston Wheetley.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help