Ariz. officer shot by burglar in stable condition
The officer, whose name has not been released, suffered non-life-threatening gunshot wounds to the abdomen and face
By Danielle Grobmeier
The Republic- AZ Central
PHOENIX — A Phoenix police officer who was shot Sunday night near 21st and Georgia avenues was in stable condition Monday morning at the St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center, according to officials.
The officer, whose name has not been released, suffered non-life-threatening gunshot wounds to the abdomen and face after finding a man apparently trying to break into a house in a Phoenix shed, Phoenix police Sgt. Trent Crump said.
Authorities did not release the suspect’s name, but reported that he was found near Vermont and 20th avenues and had been injured by a K-9 unit and shot.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds