Campus cop patrols with a smile and a saddle
Flapjack Attack — whom Officer John Bagdovitz simply calls Jack — has been on patrol since 2008, after the vice president for student affairs suggested it would be a good idea for the campus force to acquire a horse
By Joe Mahoney
The Daily Star
COBLESKILL — John Bagdovitz loves his job as a campus police officer for the State University College at Cobleskill. And a lot of that has to do with his his partner, a 14-year-old retired racehorse named Flapjack Attack.
Bagdovitz is the only mounted campus patrol officer in the SUNY system. He became the steady rider of Flapjack Attack — whom the officer simply calls Jack — in late 2008, after Steve Ackernecht, vice president for student affairs, suggested it would be a good idea for the campus force to acquire a horse.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Campus cop patrols with a smile and a saddle
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house