Video: Cop hit with snowplow, ‘left to die’ on snowy street
Tow-truck driver teared up as he described trying to save Toronto cop Ryan Russell
The Toronto Star
TORONTO — A veteran tow-truck driver teared up and a police officer wept as they described trying to save Ryan Russell as he lay dying after being hit by a stolen snowplow two years ago.
To a hushed courtroom, driver Herculano Pereira described rushing to the Toronto police sergeant, who had been hit in the legs and head while trying to stop the snowplow on Avenue Rd.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help