Video shows officers finding UCF plotter's body in dorm
Video shows the officers check each room in the suite until they find the alleged plotter's body
By PoliceOne Staff
ORLANDO, Fla. — Video shows officers entering the dorm room of the suspected bomb plotter who killed himself in his University of Central Florida dorm room Monday morning as police arrived.
Police checked each individual room until they found James Oliver Seevakumaran’s lifeless body on the floor, along with firearms and improvised explosives.
Seevakumaran died of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head, leading police to believe they foiled his plans by responding to fire alarms and a 911 call regarding an armed man, before the 30-year-old student had a chance to attack, according to the Associated Press.
Authorities assume the alarm was pulled to gather students in one area, where the gunman would make his assault.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic