Video: Rapper Too $hort runs from cops during drug arrest
The rapper is apprehended just seconds after he takes off
By PoliceOne staff
LOS ANGELES — A rapper was pulled over in Los Angeles Wednesday morning on suspicion of drunk driving and drug possession when he led police on a very brief foot pursuit before being apprehended.
Todd Anthony Shaw, better known as ‘Too $hort,’ was arrested around 3 a.m. near Hollywood Boulevard, according to the Los Angeles Times.
David Weintraub, a rep for the rapper, denies the drugs belonged to his client, which police identified as ecstasy laced with meth, according to sources.
He is currently in custody on $10,000 bail and is facing at least one felony charge.
- Suspect Pursuit
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy