Video: Rapper Too $hort runs from cops during drug arrest
The rapper is apprehended just seconds after he takes off
By PoliceOne staff
LOS ANGELES — A rapper was pulled over in Los Angeles Wednesday morning on suspicion of drunk driving and drug possession when he led police on a very brief foot pursuit before being apprehended.
Todd Anthony Shaw, better known as ‘Too $hort,’ was arrested around 3 a.m. near Hollywood Boulevard, according to the Los Angeles Times.
David Weintraub, a rep for the rapper, denies the drugs belonged to his client, which police identified as ecstasy laced with meth, according to sources.
He is currently in custody on $10,000 bail and is facing at least one felony charge.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help