New vehicle to enhance Ill. police patrols
The department’s Polaris Ranger all-terrain vehicle will be able to go many places traditional squad cars can’t
By Dan Petrella
The State Journal- Register
CHATHAM, Ill. — The Chatham Police Department’s latest acquisition will make it easier for officers to patrol bike trails, community festivals, Glenwood High School football games and other events.
The department’s Polaris Ranger all-terrain vehicle will be able to go many places traditional squad cars can’t, said officer Scott Williams, who spearheaded the effort to purchase the vehicle.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: New vehicle to enhance Ill. police patrols
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert