New vehicle to enhance Ill. police patrols
The department’s Polaris Ranger all-terrain vehicle will be able to go many places traditional squad cars can’t
By Dan Petrella
The State Journal- Register
CHATHAM, Ill. — The Chatham Police Department’s latest acquisition will make it easier for officers to patrol bike trails, community festivals, Glenwood High School football games and other events.
The department’s Polaris Ranger all-terrain vehicle will be able to go many places traditional squad cars can’t, said officer Scott Williams, who spearheaded the effort to purchase the vehicle.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: New vehicle to enhance Ill. police patrols
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds