Video: Cruiser crashes, gets stuck up pole
The officer was making a turn when he lost control of the cruiser and drove up the pole
By PoliceOne Staff
MEMPHIS — An officer lost control of his vehicle Tuesday while turning and crashed into a utility pole.
Investigators say the officer was making a turn and do not know how the mishap occurred, according to News Net 5.
No other vehicles were involved in the accident, and the officer was not hurt. He was cited for failure to control and for hitting a fixed object, according to the article.
“I can certainly say that it was a little shocking to me to see one of my squad cars half way up a pole,” said Memphis Police Director Toney Armstrong told WREG.com.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests