Video: Protesters clash with police at Seattle May Day rally
Several officers were injured and as many as 18 were arrested during the May Day march
SEATTLE — Police used flash bangs and pepper spray against some protesters pelting them with objects late Wednesday, as a spurt of violence erupted after a May Day march for immigration reform ended.
Several dozen protesters, many using bandanas to cover their faces, began clashing with police in downtown Seattle hours after a peaceful march ended. Protesters threw several objects, possibly rocks and other items, at police officers and news crews. As they moved through streets, they flung street barriers and trash cans on the streets and banged on vehicles with people inside.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter