Video: Protesters clash with police at Seattle May Day rally
Several officers were injured and as many as 18 were arrested during the May Day march
SEATTLE — Police used flash bangs and pepper spray against some protesters pelting them with objects late Wednesday, as a spurt of violence erupted after a May Day march for immigration reform ended.
Several dozen protesters, many using bandanas to cover their faces, began clashing with police in downtown Seattle hours after a peaceful march ended. Protesters threw several objects, possibly rocks and other items, at police officers and news crews. As they moved through streets, they flung street barriers and trash cans on the streets and banged on vehicles with people inside.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court