Suspect in Ariz. cop's fatal hit-and-run arrested
Jesus Cabrera Molina, 24, was arrested Sunday afternoon on drug-possession charges, and is the registered owner of the vehicle matching the description
By JJ Hensley
PHOENIX — Police arrested the owner of an SUV that is connected to the hit-and-run death of a Phoenix police officer over the weekend, but investigators stress they are still trying to confirm who was driving the vehicle when it hit Phoenix officer Daryl Raetz.
Raetz, 29, was processing a DUI suspect on Saturday night near 51st and Cambridge avenues when he was struck by a green Ford Expedition, which then fled the scene. Raetz was transported to the same hospital where a Phoenix firefighter lost his life hours earlier where physicians also pronounced the six-year Phoenix police veteran dead.
Jesus Cabrera Molina, 24, was arrested Sunday afternoon on drug-possession charges, according to court documents. The documents state that Molina is the registered owner of the SUV, and according to his father, Molina is the SUV’s only driver.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'