NYPD cop: Accidental shooting of officer still haunts me
The officer fired on a plain-clothes cop who was chasing a suspect 4 years ago and refused to stop
By M.L. Nestel
The New York Post
NEW YORK — An NYPD cop who accidentally killed a fellow officer spoke about the incident for the first time on the four-year anniversary — and said the pain of that day will never go away.
"I'm trying to get along with my life and hopefully the other side is getting on with their life," Sgt. Andrew Dunton told The Post last week.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman