Nude Fla. man 'proposing marriage' TASERed by police
The suspect told police he was there to propose, but the homeowners said he had the wrong house
CASSELBERRY, Fla. — Police say a naked man earned a trip to jail after spitting on an officer.
A 911 call came in to Casselberry police a little after 4 a.m. Sunday.
The caller said Thomas Edwards Jr., 22, was on the caller's porch, stripping naked.
When police got there, the man said he wanted to go to jail and threatened to either head butt an officer or spit on them.
"He jumped up, and in one quick motion, he launched himself toward the officer and he spit in his face," said Casselberry police Sgt. William Nas.
Edwards was stunned with a Taser and then arrested.
The suspect said he was invited to the house to propose marriage, but no one in the home knew who he was.
Reprinted with permission from WESH.com
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court