Video: NM police corner young wild bear
Experts say the two recent bear sightings is only a hint of what's to come, as bears search for places to live
By Matt Mauro and Kayla Ayres
ALBUQUERQUE — Police were led on a wild chase through Northeast Albuquerque Thursday morning by a very wild and elusive animal.
A bear was spotted near San Antonio NE and Louisiana. Police tried to corner the critter, chasing it from La Cueva High School, appropriately the 'Home of the Bears,' to around Black Bear Lane.
New Mexico Game and Fish officials said the bear is young, probably weighing around 100 to 150 pounds, and that this sighting isn't that unique.
Full Story: Rambling urban bear sign of more to come
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests