Wyo. cops respond to 'exorcism' call
RIVERTON, Wyo. — Authorities in central Wyoming say they received a 911 call reporting that a woman involved in an exorcism had stopped breathing and had gone into cardiac arrest.
But when Fremont County sheriff's deputies arrived, the woman was breathing.
The Sheriff's Office says it received the call Tuesday from a residence near Riverton, about 120 miles west of Casper. The caller said a woman possessed by a poltergeist had stopped breathing when sprayed with Holy Water and then went into cardiac arrest when others attempted an exorcism.
KTAK radio reports that the woman was taken to a hospital. Police said she was in stable condition.
The home's occupants told police that a demon had been breaking things and biting people in the home, but the deputy couldn't find any evidence.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy