Calif. man jailed for throwing spear at moving car
Jeffrey Allen Jones was arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon
By Bill Lindelof
The Sacramento Bee
SACRAMENTO — A man has been arrested in Sacramento on suspicion of spearing a vehicle.
Sacramento police said they arrested Jeffrey Allen Jones, 56, on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday around Auburn Boulevard and Annadale Lane. Officers were called to the area by a citizen who said a man standing in the road had thrown a spear at a passing vehicle.
The spear struck the front fender, becoming lodged in the vehicle, according to a police activity log.
Copyright 2013 The Sacramento Bee
McClatchy-Tribune News Service
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend