Calif. police save severely ill pit bull
A reportedly drunk driver deserted the dog and took off, but was later arrested
By PoliceOne Staff
CULVER CITY, Calif. — Culver City police responded to a call of a drunk driver who had a severely ill dog in the trunk of his car.
The driver took the dog out of his vehicle and placed it on the street before fleeing, according to the Examiner.
The officers arrived to find the dog — a pit bull — and placed him in their squad and brought him to the vet.
The dog is in critical condition, but is expected to survive, according to the article.
The suspect was arrested later Friday afternoon and has been charged with animal cruelty.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help