Man breaking into adult video store pepper sprayed twice
Police had difficulty subduing the man, and had to deploy pepper spray twice to arrest him
By Louis C. Hochman
PARSIPPANT, N.J. — Police say that even after they used pepper spray twice on a person who was trying to break into an adult video store, and even after they handcuffed him, he continued to resist officers — making it an ordeal to get him into custody.
Officer Michael Sprung responded to a report of a suspicious person behind the Route 46 Video Boutique at 2:32 a.m., police said. He exited his patrol vehicle, walked to the rear of the building, and saw the man later identified as 42-year-old Jorge Garcon of Parsippany wedged between a screen door and an entry door, attempting to get into the building, police said.
Garcon physically resisted Sprung, so the officer used pepper spray on him, police said. Even then, he continued to resist, police said. Officer Ronald Carrozzino arrived at the location to help Sprung handcuff Garcon — and the officers used the pepper spray once again, police said.
- Use of Force
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy