Fla. police officer shot, suspects at large
Jason Hajek, 25, was pulling a vehicle over for reckless driving when two men exited the vehicle and fired, then fled
By Jerriann Sullivan
ORLANDO, Fla. — An Orlando Police Department Officer was shot early Tuesday morning, Sgt Jim Young said.
Police are still searching for two suspects they say shot at the officer around 2:30 a.m. this morning near Bruton Blvd and Roseboro St.
Jason Hajek, 25, was attempting to pull the vehicle over for reckless driving, but when the vehicle stopped two men jumped from the vehicle, fired shots at Hajek then fled the scene, Young said.
Hajek, who has been with OPD for about a year and a half, was hit at least once right below his protective vest and may have been hit in a second time in his leg, police said.
He was taken to the Orlando Regional Medical Center and is expected to survive, police said.
Police have shut down several roads in the area while they search for the two suspects.
Copyright 2013 The Orlando Sentinel
McClatchy-Tribune News Service
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman